Looking for a fun activity for your group? Look no further.
Table Tennis – or Wiff Waff as it was once known – is fun for all ages and skill levels, from beginners to advanced. Now your group can come and have a go at Cowley Table Tennis.
We provide bats and balls. All you need is soft-soled shoes and comfortable clothing. Experienced players will be on hand to give you tips if you want.
And you get warm waffles with a choice of toppings! (alternatives available if you don’t like waffles)
Activity level: as gentle or as energetic as you want to make it. (We also have activities for those with limited mobility, you can even play sitting down if you prefer.)
Take part in a selection of our fun “Pingtathlon” events, such as:
- Come Rally With Me: how many times can you and your partner hit the ball without making a mistake?
- Great British Serve-Off: can you return a demon serve? You get five chances against the same serve from our resident expert, and a prize if you can return o
ne to land on the table
- Robo Pong Challenge: have a go against our table tennis robot. How many returns can you hit in 45 seconds?
- Strictly Come Batting: play in a short mini-tournament.
- Grand Bat Designs: A prize for the best decorated bat. Get creative with colours and a bat-shaped card
- Downton Batty: Who can keep bouncing the ball on their bat for the longest?
- Ping Mastermind: take our short quiz about table tennis
Prizes for event winners and runners-up, and the overall Pingtathlon champion. Everyone gets a small prize for taking part.
Location: Temple Cowley United Reformed Church, Oxford Rd Cowley OX Free parking on site, frequent bus service from Oxford Rail Station and city centre
When: Monday morning or afternoon; Tuesday morning; Thursday afternoon; Friday morning or afternoon. An evening session may be available if preferred.
Cost: Only £4.50 per head, including refreshments and equipment. Minimum five people
Book now by phoning 01865 395210 or email me